Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Coasters

I have been playing with coaster patterns. I think they would make nice gifts. This is a pattern from Jennifer Williams and can be found on her webpage. The pattern suggests size 20 thread.

 I made the coaster on the  bottom with a Karey Solomon hand painted size 10 thread.  It measures 2 1/2 inches (7 cm) in diameter. The drinking glasses in my cabinet barely fit on it.

The upper coaster is done in Lizbeth size 3, Carribean Colorway. It measures 3 3/4 inches (10 cm) across. The size is better, but I don't like shuttle tatting with size 3 thread.  Somewhere in  my thread stash is some size 5.  I could  I could needle tat with the size 3 thread. Where have my tatting needles disappeared to??

2 comments:

  1. Those are both beautiful!!! :)
    A Tatsy shuttle should handle the size 3 well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tatsy will handle it, but I have trouble getting in the swing of opening up my fingers far enough to keep from rubbing them raw. It just occurred to me that perhaps I should try sanding the raised printing off. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete