Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Oh no!

Progress on the needle tatted doily is halted. I hid the tails on round 5 and then while admiring my work I found a glaring mistake.
On round 4, I made a long chain instead of a short chain. Working round 5 I followed along and now instead of having 2 pairs followed by a large ring, I have 5 pairs in a row. (Lower left on the scan)  this is not acceptable to me. I think there is enough thread in the mistake part that I can snip unravel and hide ends to repair. If not, progress with the needle tatting will be much slower. 

My shuttle tatted doily is working up nicely. I look forward to finding round 6 when I log onto Facebook. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh no. Good thing you were doing both, so you can continue with the shuttle one. Both very pretty in those threads. A mistake multiplies as you go along, doesn’t it?

    ReplyDelete