Monday, September 30, 2019

September update

What an exciting month September 2019 has been. Palmetto Tat Days, a new grandson and a trip to Canada for Fringe Elements Tat Days. No more tatting events until April. In the next few weeks I need to get busy writing up teaching proposals for 2020. Karey Solomon says there is an interest in the Cro-tat I taught in New York (Finger Lakes Tatting) last spring so I need to come up with something to teach.

For the Fringe Elements event, several of my Face Book Tatty friends made tatted hats. It started with the two Carolyn's in Indiana showing a picture of their hats. .


It became an I will if you will sort of thing. My tatting travel buddy Mary Anna got in on the game. When I got to her house Wednesday prior to heading North to Canada, we showed  off our hats, and then Mary Anna decided the hats needed to be embellished. She gave me a tatted butterfly (Nina Libin pattern) sitting on a silk flower for my hat. Then she called Jane (Canadian tatter) and asked if Jane had a mouse she could put on her hat. We got a little crazy.

All hats are patterns from Jan Stawasz. I left off the last 2 rounds on mine.
 Mary Anna added a large mouse, butterfly on a flower and a needle lace flower to her hat.

I did not get a picture of Jane's hat, which also had a mouse on it. Bernice's hat can be seen on her blog.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous hats!! :)
    Looks and sounds like an awesome time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite fun and cute adornments 👒👒👒

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I like your hats and so very sorry that it took me so long to find your posts I have been doing so many other things and just now checked and going back to blogging. I love your hats and really like the items you placed on the sides of the hats so and so miss my new friends too! also wonder if you know where this hat pattern is from? it looks like it would fit better and I would love to remake mine let me know it you get this message :) hugs and see you next year hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the hat patterns are in the Jan Stawasz books. I left off one round of the ring/chain section and stopped after the first clover round. I also left out a LOT of the decorative picots. MaryAnna's is a different Stawasz pattern, it was big and I think she took a little pleat under the embellishments.

      Delete