Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Mistakes happen


I am going to enter a tatted doily in the county fair. Not knowing how many rounds remain in the 2016 Renulek Tat-Along, and only having another few weeks until fair time, I started a new doily. This is Renulek's 2014 Spring doily.  I am using size 40 Anchor Mercer thread and it  is wonderful to tat with.  I got a good bit done in the car on a recent trip to visit family.  I got over half way around on round 3 and discovered that I was joining the front side chains to the back side of the doily. This would not do. I know my perfectionist self. There was no way I could continue without things bothering me. Scissors had to come out, I HAD to clip off the offending joins.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! Looks like you are off to a fabulous start!!! And it's pretty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When making doing something for a competition, of course you want it to be just right. It still must have been hard though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear me, that's a lot of work to cut off.

    ReplyDelete