Friday, May 6, 2016

Button Doily Finished

Meagan posted the final round a few days ago, and after a false start (lets just say that fringe beads are not my friend) I tatted the final round. I sewed the tails in, and gave it a quick press before photographing. Looking at the picture, I could have done a better job with the blocking/pressing.  I made an adjustment on the final round. I joined the single rings to a chain without a picot. It seemed too unstable to have the ring just hanging out there. If I was to do this little doily again, I would have a picot on the short chain. This was an interesting doily/learning experience. I think Meagan has a future as a tatting designer and I look forward to seeing more of her work.

1 comment:

  1. Your doily looks awesome!!! :) Fabulous colors too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete